Terms and Conditions
So you can manage your budget, we make our payment schedule as clear as possible.
- A deposit is collected at the time of the confirmed order
- You will be notified the day your cabin reaches haulage and an invoice for the final balance will be issued.
- Remaining balance payable when your cabin reaches haulage, within 7 days prior to delivery to your premises
- Credit and debit cards are accepted.
- All goods remain the property of Kent cabin craft centre until paid in full. The buyer has a duty of care to safeguard the goods supplied
Cancellations or non-payment will incur penalty charges.
- Cancellation before delivery but after 1st instalment has been received will incur £500.00 cancellation fee to Kent Cabin Craft Centre. Any refund of the cost of the Cabin will be at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- Cancellation after delivery of the cabin by the manufacturer to haulage or non-payment of the balance within the 7 days will incur a penalty of the full cost of the cabin and 50% of installation costs.If any balance is remaining it will be refunded within 14 days. The cabin will then be the property of Kent Cabin Craft Centre.
- Once your cabin is ready the haulier will contact you 2-3 days before to confirm the delivery date. Delivery is kerbside only.
- Upon delivery it is the customer's responsibility for checking the number/type packages against the delivery note. The customer will need to sign the delivery note to acknowledge correct products have been received. Any missing items should be noted on the delivery discrepancy note or you may be charged.
If you have NOT asked for basework to be included in your package you will need to ensure a suitable base is in place prior to delivery of goods.
- Your base needs to be level and of sufficient size.
- If your base work is not level and a levelling frame is deemed necessary, this will be supplied at an additional cost.
- If we need to return at a different date, for you to rectify the base, you will incur a charge.
Completion of installation
All debris and packaging will be removed from site on completion of works.
- The customer will be asked to inspect the work and sign a completion certificate. Should there be any issues, these will need to be written on the certificate at the time of inspection.
- If the customer is not available on completion, the certificate will be signed by the fitters. Any issues arising after the fitters have left, unless it is improper installation, will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Kent cabin craft centre offer a 3 month call back service after the final day of the build. After this period any issues will be the responsibility of the customer.
Planning permission and building control is totally the customers responsibility.
Kent cabin craft centre accept no liability for anything relating to planning permission or building control in connection with the construction of a log cabin or garden building/structure supplied and installed by Kent Cabin Craft Centre
Adverse Weather Conditions
- Damage caused by adverse weather to the cabin is the customer's responsibility. Any repairs required will incur a charge.
This is so important that all untreated timbers are treated with a high quality, wood preserving treatment (sickens or Saddolin) as soon as possible after the build. Apply numerous thick coats. Your cabin surface if treated correctly should feel very smooth and glasslike. If there is still a powder dry feel to the surface your treatment needs extra coats. Any moisture should just fall off your cabin The objective is to seal and protect your cabin especially in the corners where the crossbars join, this will also help prevent any movement. We also advise a coat of primer will seal your cabin and prevent pests attacking your cabin and prolong its life. DO NOT use cheap products. You need a quality product that gets deep into the wood. We also recommend a UV protection afterwards, this keeps the wood healthy and prevents the wood from drying and becoming brittle. This allows the wood to breath. This is the responsibility of the customer. Kent Cabin Craft Centre offer a treatment package by a third-party contractor. The tick box option for a quotation for your treatment is available on our quotation options.
Kent Cabin Craft Centre supply and build garden building/log cabins. We do not treat and seal your construction
- Maintenance - As timber is a natural product the building will settle. This may cause splits, cracks and movement. Adjustments may need to be made to doors and windows as they may drop and expand and contract. This is the responsibility of the customer.
- * Any upgrades to handles and locks for windows and doors is the responsibility and expense of the customer.
- Treatment and sealing of the building is totally the customers responsibility
Approval of drawings
- Your drawings will be sent to you for your approval.
- Once approved manufacturing will commence.
- No alterations can be made to your cabin manufacture once we have your approval to proceed.